Saturday, June 24, 2006

I'm getting older..

it's mah burthdei tomorrow!! yikes! yah know what ah mean.. twentee five is oh..ho..old.. don't worry, i'll get married next year! LOL! and i'll stop blogging and get a life!!

The title of this entry was basically inspired from the song I'm currently listening to."Landslide" is one of the most beautifully written songs, imo.. My favorite lines... (echos!)

Can the child within my heart rise above
Can I sail thru the changing ocean tides
Can I handle the seasons of my life

Well, I've been afraid of changing 'cause I built my life around you
But time makes you bolder
Children get older
I'm getting older too

I won't explain further because I'm not good in that. I love music and I love to sing but I'm not the type who digs too much on the lyrics. I can't even memorize the lyrics of my favorite songs!

It actually sounds like a quarter-life-crisis song. What do you think? Hee! Anyway, I'm in a 'review' mode tonight. The following artists did covers on this song:

Fleetwood Mac (orig.) - My least favorite but I still I liked it. It's just okay. I guess the pitch is too low. (Tama ba 'pitch' ba right term? *unsure*).

Smashing Pumpkins - Love love the guitar! I'm not that a huge fan of the band and of alternative/rock music but this one is really good. Smashing reminds me of high school. *sigh*

Dixie Chicks - It's the most "singable" version and very country-ish of course. Listening to it, I feel like I want to dance. Lol! I've been listening a lot of country these days. I love Martina McBride's voice and of course there's always Carrie!

Tori Amos - Tori's version is my favorite. At first, I thought it was just okay. I immediately loved the intro and the piano but Tori's style in singing was a bit too weird for my taste. I also thought she sounded like she's tired. Hehe. This is actually the first version I've heard in full. But after hearing Fleetwood, Smashing, Stevie and Dixie, I knew this one is the best. She puts so much emotion in her song (something I don't do when I'm singing haha!) and I'm loving it now!

No comments: