Sunday, June 04, 2006

Somewhere Over the Rainbow

Someone at IDF posted various versions of this song and I tried downloading some of them. Katharine did amazing on this song in AI and it's one of the showstopper performances of the season. Mcphans or Kat-haters love it! Haha!

So I heard Judy Garland singing it.. it was okay. It's very theatrical. Leann Rimes did a country version. It was good too. But the best version I heard was Eva Cassidy's... it's super amazing! A lot better than Kat's (Sorry, but the Mcpheever in me was gone for a while when I heard Eva singing). I love the guitar, the arrangement, it's just a lovely rendition...and just BEAUTIFUL!!! Her voice is so angelic and she sang it so smoothly. I wanna cry...lol.

I also got to download various versions of the song Someone to Watch Over Me, another Mcphee song. Ella Fitzgerald's rendition was very jazzy. Renne Olstead sang it very slowly and smoothly. I love Sheena Easton's version. She sounded so different on this song... very different from her other famous songs like Almost Over You and For Your Eyes Only. I still like the way Kat sang it... the vocals wasn't really perfect but it was very classy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Really amazing! Useful information. All the best.
»

-baby- said...

thanks for the commentS but can you introduce yourself? hehe.. i think i know u...hmmm...

Anonymous said...

I love your website. It has a lot of great pictures and is very informative.
»