Sunday, September 23, 2007

Swarovski, SOS, Grey's and Idols

I found this article in a fansite (secreet ha!)... originally from Earth Times.



Swarovski Unveils Celebrity-Designed Denim Jackets to Benefit SOS Children's Villages In Support of World Orphan Week (October 1-7, 2007)

Posted : Thu, 20 Sep 2007 18:06:28 GMT
Author : Swarovski

NEW YORK, Sept. 20 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Swarovski, the world leader in precision-cut crystal, has partnered with a group of creative celebrities to raise funds for SOS Children's Villages, the world's largest charity for orphaned and abandoned children. Celebrities including Jessica Alba, Laila Ali, Eric Dane, Rebecca Gayheart, Angie Harmon, Finola Hughes, Stacy London, Reba McEntire, Katharine McPhee, Sara Ramirez, Jordin Sparks, Carrie Underwood and Vanessa Williams took part in this worthwhile endeavor.

"I am happy and proud to be working with Swarovski to help raise awareness and money for SOS Children's Villages. SOS is providing orphans around the world with what they need most -- a family. Their work is extraordinary," says Katharine McPhee of American Idol fame.

Beginning September 25, each of the fashionable creations will be featured on eBay Giving Works and can be found at eBay: Swarovski The charity auction will end on October 5.

World Orphan Week began in 2005 to create awareness of the global needs of orphaned and abandoned children around the world, and to activate volunteers to raise funds for vital programs that can support these children.

"By 2010 there will be more than 25 million orphaned and abandoned children around the world. SOS Children's Villages and Swarovski believe in providing the vital care these children need to grow and flourish in their communities. During World Orphan Week, I hope everyone will take a minute to make a difference in the life of a child," says Finola Hughes, General Hospital's" Anna Devane and host of The Style Network's popular makeover series "How Do I Look."

Replicas of these crystal creations will tour selected Swarovski stores from September 15th to October 5th. Store locations that will feature the jackets include:

-- Rockefeller Center in New York, NY
-- 625 Madison Avenue in New York, NY
-- Mohegan Sun in Uncasville, CT
-- Woodfield Mall in Schaumburg, IL
-- Century City in Los Angeles, CA
-- Tysons Corner Center in McLean, VA.

Each of the jackets was designed using a combination of Swarovski brooches and iron-crystal transfers, ranging from a celestial theme from Reba McEntire to a floral theme from Carrie Underwood.

"SOS Children's Villages is thrilled to be partnering with Swarovski for World Orphan Week. Swarovski understands the needs of orphaned children around the world, and with their sponsored charity auction of one-of-a-kind celebrity designed jackets, they have joined us in an important way to make a difference to children who have lost everything," says Dr. Heather Paul, CEO of SOS-USA.

The partnership between SOS and Swarovski dates back to the founding of SOS in the Tyrol region of Austria (also home of Swarovski's world manufacturing headquarters) in 1949. The company's founder, Daniel Swarovski I, was a humanitarian who personally supported the charity and the crystal maker is happy to have continued the relationship through today.

"Swarovski is proud to continue our relationship with SOS Children's Villages's through their World Orphan Week campaign. By contributing to SOS Children's Villages, Swarovski encourages hope for orphaned children around the world," says David Gruning, Director of Communications for Swarovski North America Limited.


SOS, Katharine, Carrie, Mcsteamy and (okay.. I don't have them but it's their project) Swarovski in one article... wow, color me surprised!

I am not an orphan but SOS (or SOS Children's Village) did play an important role in my life. Not all villages have scholarship programs, I think, but SOS-Davao has! I was one lucky kid and I was given that scholarship grant after I graduated pre-school. So they basically financed my education from Grade 1 until I finished college! It's a mother-and-child program and we had to join a lot of social activities and stuff. Unlike other scholarship programs, the grades we had to maintain weren't that high. During my time, we only had to maintain at least 80% average with no failing subjects. It's no biggie right? And I don't want to sound cocky, but I was a very grade-conscious student. During college, I had group of friends who were very focused, naturally intelligent and achievers. So it really helped a lot :-)

I owe my education to SOS. And I really value education a lot. Without it, where would I be now?

And it's sooo good to hear that the people you idolize support the foundation that has become an important part of your life. Carrie, Katharine, Mcsteamy (and your naughty wife hahah)... I love you 100x more now! I mean it...from the bottom of my heart! Jessica Alba, Vanessa Williams, Reba, and others... you're beautiful people too. And Swarovski...of course you're the prettiest. LOL.

To know more about SOS, click here. To know more about the celebrities I've mentioned, you have the Google. Hehe.



-

No comments: